- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 08-21-2017
At Eye Society, our Chicago, IL optometrist sees your eye and vision health as a top priority. We offer a wide range of eye care services at our two convenient area locations, including eye exams in the Chicago Loop and Streeterville. If it's been more than a year since your last eye exam, now is a great time to schedule one with our optometry team.
Even if you don't think your eye or vision health has changed in the past year, it's still important to schedule an annual eye exam for a number of reasons!
1. Your annual eye exam allows your eye doctor to stay on top of any changes in your eye health that you may not have noticed. For example, your eye doctor may be able to spot signs of eye diseases and other ocular conditions long before symptoms would have been obvious to you.
2. When eye problems are diagnosed earlier, our eye care team has a better chance of successful treatment and/or management.
3. Annual eye exams give you an opportunity to speak with an eye doctor about any concerns or questions you have about your eyes and vision, allowing you to enjoy added peace of mind and confidence in your ocular health.
4. An annual eye exam allows us to perform necessary screenings based on your age, eye health, and family history. For example, if you have a family history of glaucoma, we may recommend a simple glaucoma screening as part of your annual check-up.
5. Finally, if there are any changes in your vision (which there may be even if you don't notice them), we can make sure that your corrective vision prescription is up-to-date. Wearing contacts or glasses with an outdated prescription can be dangerous, after all.
These are just a few of the main reasons to schedule an eye exam annually! All too often, people will only schedule an exam when they know they need an updated prescription or when they notice signs of eye problems. However, we always recommend staying on top of your eye health just as you would your dental health with preventative care.
Our comprehensive eye and vision exams include a thorough consultation with our eye doctor, as well as vision testing, eye function testing, and an overall evaluation of your eye health. Our eye doctor is also happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have about your eye and vision health while you're here! Our goal is to provide the highest standard of care in a comfortable, welcoming environment.
If you're due for an eye exam, now is the time to schedule yours with our team at Eye Society. You can reach our Streeterville location by calling (312) 640-6017 or our Chicago loop location at (312) 631-6017.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
Order Contacts by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Streeterville - 230 E Ohio St, Suite #120
Loop-1 W Wacker Dr Chicago, IL, 60601